Created by Coach Laura Levin
Baked goods can wreck havoc on a healthy eating lifestyle.
The sugar can be addicting, they don’t fill you up, and if you make them at home, you keep going back for more.
What if we told you that we have a whole-foods muffin that tastes delicious AND benefits your health?
Well… you’re in luck!
These lemon blueberry muffins are made with chickpeas/garbanzo beans, which are a great source of fiber and help to stabilize your blood sugar.
The blueberries offer incredible amounts of anti-oxidents, which boost your immune system and rid your body of free radicals.
BEST INGREDIENTS EVER:
- 1 can chickpeas, drained
- 5-7 medjool dates, pitted (for best results, soak in water overnight and then drain before using)
- juice of 1/2-1 small lemon
- 1 Tsp Vanilla (more to taste)
- 2 Tbs peanut butter
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
HOW TO MAKE YOUR MASTERPIECE:
- Preheat oven to 350F and prepare a mini-muffin tin.
- Combine all ingredients except blueberries into a food processor.
- Process until thoroughly combined.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Spoon about 1 heaping Tbs into each muffin paper.
- Bake for 25 minutes, checking for doneness after 20.
- Oven times may vary. muffins should be lightly browned on top and somewhat firm.
Makes 12 mini muffins